#5, Aging Simply, Simply Aging: 3-8-24

Number 5 on the list of tools I've learned to use, to help me stay organized and productive,  is simplifying my "beauty" and self-care routine. I hesitate to use the term "beauty" because that's really not what it's about. What I really mean is my "getting ready to face the world each day" routine but that seems a bit too long! Anyway, I believe presenting yourself to the world as the best version of yourself is SO important. It doesn't mean you are vain or shallow, it shows that you care. It affects the way you feel about yourself, which affects the way you show up to, and for, any relationship. I'm slowly making changes to make this part of my life much more simple and I'm learning to let go and surrender to the process of aging. Because, let's face it, being here and getting older, is a privilege.  

Here are a few changes I've made,

*using a limited number of products for self-care (Ayurveda Experience, Jordan Essentials, Lily and Fox)

*letting my hair grow out, along with all of the color and using only one line of products (Amika)

*using only one brand of cosmetics (Thrive)

It doesn't seem like much (I'm always considering ways to simplify even more) but paring everything down saves me a significant amount of time and money.  Most of the changes mentioned above have to do with products I’ve found over the years that I keep coming back to, so I don’t feel the need to keep searching for the “best” one.  No more buying on impulse only to find that there are no miracle products out there (even if they are expensive and endorsed by celebrities!). Going with the basics is totally enough. I’ve linked some of the brands I use below, in case you’d like to try them yourself. I would say the biggest impact on simplifying my self-care, though, has nothing to do with products. The biggest impact has been changing my hair. It is SO freeing to know that I don't have to get my hair cut and colored every 4 weeks. Again, it saves me time and money, my hair feels healthier, and most of all, it feels authentic. I am no longer trying to be something I'm not and not trying to be younger than I am. (No judgement, though, to any one who continues to color their hair!) The white hair is ME and knowing that it is a trait that comes from my Great Grandma Tabers seems really special. I'm glad to carry it on! 

Have a great weekend! 

Simply, Juli

**Links to brands I love: 

Ayurveda Experience Here 

Lily and Fox Here 

Jordan Essentials Here

Amika hair care Here (and, not a product, but I must include a link to my hair stylist Here She's the best!)

Thrive cosmetics Here 


Comments

Popular Posts