Capsule Wardrobe, First Steps, 2.7. 23


My Wool& experience was such a positive one (their clothing quality and their online community is AWESOME!) that it led me down this path of creating and living with a very limited wardrobe.

The Wool& dress that started it all! 100 days in the Wool& Audrey in Black Heather.
My reward dress for the 100 day challenge- a Sierra Swing Dress in Vintage Blue. 

My evolving capsule wardrobe began with perusing through pinterest, looking for a sample wardrobe, because I had no clue where to begin. The one shown below is the one I found- it looked like my style and contained a lot of my colors, plus I already had many of the items, which will save some money. The things that I buy from this point on will be higher quality, but also higher priced, so I'll have to pace myself. I'm keeping this sample wardrobe in plain sight until my capsule is complete, so I'm less likely to buy something that doesn't fit into the overall plan. 

I've been on a "no spend" since Christmas, but I accidentally bought a Jane's House sweatshirt without thinking. Soon after, I bought a package of bobby pins, also without thinking. I know it seems like no big deal, but I love a challenge (especially with myself!) and I consider this year's "no spend" a fail. But...it was a lesson on how easy it is to buy completely out of habit. I was going to go for a 100 day "no spend" this year, but since I'm looking for capsule wardrobe items, I will allow myself just what is on the list and I will get rid of several items for each new item brought home. Just since beginning to plan my capsule wardrobe, I've given away almost 50 items of clothing. That, to me, is a win! 

Another big change I'm making this year is in my shoes. I donated these three pairs of boots, all very high quality, but with a narrow toe box that restricted my toes and hurt my feet- A LOT! So, one purchase, (made before Christmas!) was this pair of handmade moccasins from the Etsy seller SassyBrass . Seriously, one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have only worn these, along with two other pairs of shoes with wider toe boxes for the last six weeks and my feet haven't felt this good in years.

Meet me here next week for a peek at our very minimal home and my mission to downsize the stuff inside it! 

 Simply, 
Juli


 

Comments

Popular Posts