Capsule Update, 3.8.23

 I’m still in the process of curating my capsule wardrobe, but here's an update. I’ve been trying to weed out a few things each week and I’ve set a guideline for myself- for each item of clothing I bring home, I have to part with twice as many. I recently invested in 6 new Wool& items (4 tops, 1 wrap skirt and one black dress) so I had to part with 12 items from my closet. Since I’ve been weeding out for a while now, it’s definitely getting harder to make those choices. At the beginning, it was easy. I just asked myself, "Have I worn this item in the past year?". Then it was, " Have I worn it in the past 6 months or the current season?" It's now in the Marie Kondo phase, "Does it spark joy in me when I wear it?" But, what is getting easier...  deciding what to wear every day and having a dwindling laundry basket each week. 



My Wool& haul. Definitely an investment, but totally worth it. I bought Summer Midi Dress in black
, the Greta Denim Wrap Skirt, two Livia tank tops, and two Ari ruched v-neck tees. I use the size guide and information from the product reviews to determine my size in each and so far, everything has fit perfectly.


The twelve items I'm unloading.

Another huge bonus of downsizing my wardrobe is a much tidier closet. If you know me, you know I am not a neat freak, by any stretch of the imagination. This is the best, most organized my closet has ever looked. I'm hoping it only gets better.


I hope this information is helpful if you are wanting to downsize towards your own capsule wardrobe! 

Have a great rest-of-your-week! 

Simply, 
Juli




Comments

Popular Posts