S L O W day, snow day , Jan. 9, 2024

 It's been a minute since I've been on here. To be honest, I really haven't been able to find the words, lately. Thoughts of judgement and irrelevance have been holding me back. But, lately, I've been inspired by other women, just telling their story. That's it, just telling their story. Maybe they've developed a new routine to help them lose weight, get fit, or grow into their gray/white hair (hello!). Maybe they are sharing their art. Maybe they are sharing their home. Whatever it is, I know if it hits the right person at the right time, it can be a powerful influence. I know, because that is what their words have been to me. 

As for me and my story (or stories)... I've been working through some really complicated grief and I've become passionate about living simply. Living my yoga has been a huge part of getting through the grief and finding peace with living a very simple life. Following the eight-limb path of yoga is always in the back of my mind, throughout every, single, day. I'll be referring to it pretty often in this space. It has been my steadfast companion on the road to "loving what is" and knowing that my only home, with every answer that I will ever need, is already inside of me. So, hopefully, my words will touch someone at just the right time to make them feel less alone in the world, knowing someone else has been through what they've been through, and found their joy waiting for them on the other side of it. 

I'll leave you with an image of my favorite view of the day, our first snow day. Snow days seem so special, almost sacred; like you've been given this gift of what seems to be a bonus day- an extra day of your life. Maybe that is a little over-the-top description of an ordinary snow day, but that is exactly what it feels like to me. I take them very slow, trying to make every moment count. They always end up being very productive days for me. Today was a nesting day. Getting ready for our newest grandbaby, a little girl (Baby Girl Schuster, as we have to wait until she is born for the name reveal!) due in February. We are over-the-moon excited and getting her little room ready, in my mish-mash style, with a lot of her daddy's baby things, was the best way to spend this sacred, slow, snow day. ❤🌞



Just waiting on a cozy rug, a bird mobile made from Grandpa Gary's clothes, and a little Sunshine.

Be well, 

Juli




Comments

Popular Posts