Start Living-Thoughtfully, 1-12-24


I haven't been able to get this quote out of my mind since I heard it a few nights ago. My husband and I are huge Mad Men fans and have watched the entire series over and over again since 2014. When there is nothing else that appeals to us, we always settle on watching Mad Men. I'm sure I've heard this quote many times before, but never really gave it a second thought. This time, though, it settled in a different way. So much so, that I made it my screen saver, so I could reflect on it every day. Although I am very content in my life, I know I can always be better and do better. Who I want to be in this world is always evolving, no matter my age. How I want to show up in the world and for the people in my life and how I want to be remembered by my kids, grand kids, great-grand kids (hopefully!) is always changing. I know I can always be a little better, in some way or another, than yesterday.  
Since reflecting on this quote, I've been asking myself, if I could be the amalgamation of any combination of people, who would it include and what are the qualities I admire in them? It's an interesting subject to chew on, right?
Considering this, I thought I'd pose the question to you (again, no matter your age). Who and what would make your list? Maybe write that list and start mulling it over every day. See what comes up for you. 
My point to this is to say, we can always change. It doesn't matter who you are, how old you are, where you live, how much money or stuff you have, or any other circumstance- you can always change. You can always decide how you perceive the world, who you want to be, how you want to live your life.  You just have to decide. Even if it's the tiniest change for the better, you'll always have something to look forward to. 


I've shared this many times over the years, but Maia is on my list. Although I don't know her, she reflects the life I want to have when I'm older. This is what I look forward to- living life simply, thoughtfully, peacefully, and beautifully.


Be Well, 

Juli




 

Comments

Popular Posts